Things that i’m probably busy with right now. Last updated June 2017.
- I’m working as a newsroom developer at de Volkskrant, the leading quality newspaper in the Netherlands. I create a digital story every week or so, together with a wonderful team of designers, journalists, video makers and other creatives. You can view our work for free at Kijk Verder.
- I write a biweekly newsletter (in Dutch) called De Circulaire which features links, cat gifs and anything else that amuses and interests me.
- I occasionally work together with my friends at Hackastory (a startup i co-founded) on re-inventing digital journalism by creating it. In April 2017 we did a hackathon at the International Symposium on Online Journalism (ISOJ) in Austin, Texas.
- The first six months of 2017 i participated in a workshop called Sandberg@Mediapark where people were teamed up to create an innovative storytelling concept in six months. I worked together with the wonderful Anja Groten on an object about faces and mirrors.
- Occasionally editing and giving lectures about Wikipedia and Wikidata, the most wonderful resources of free knowledge on the planet.
- I did a theatre class (we had a show in May), make some music and like to cook and bake.
- I broke my shoulder January this year, but i’m doing fine now.
- Living in Amsterdam (that’s the capital of the Netherlands). I like it here.
For more people with a
/now page, see nownownow.com.