Hay Kranen creates digital things. Combining in-depth technical knowledge with a pragmatic approach and a creative angle. Tinkering and hacking on the thin line between art, technology and narrative.
- Mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call me: (+31) (0)6 – 14 95 13 08.
- Send a tweet to @hayify on Twitter.
- Download my resume as a PDF in Dutch or English.
- Things that i’ve made.
- Things that i wrote.
- What i’m up to right /now.
Dutch speakers only
- Subscribe to my biweekly newsletter De Circulaire.
Random other pages on this site
- Movies i’ve seen.
- Concerts and other performances i’ve attended.
- Music i’ve made.
- Vinyl records i own.
- Development tips and tricks i gathered.
- Places i’ve been to.
- History of this website.
Possibly useful information about me
- was born (1983) and raised in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
- studied at the Utrecht school of the Arts (Design & Technology) and did the EMMA-master program in Hilversum.
- was one of the founders of the crossmedia desk at de Volkskrant, the leading quality newspaper in the Netherlands, and worked as a newsroom developer there.
- co-founded Hackastory, an innovation agency specialised in journalism.
- worked as a frontend developer for VPRO Digital in Hilversum.
- was co-editor-in-chief for 365dagenkunst.nl, the site with a fresh piece of art every day.
- graduated with a thesis about narrative history in digital media.
- was a board member for Wikimedia Nederland.
- was an interaction designer at ActiveVideo Europe / Avinity.
- is an atheist. Why? Ricky Gervais explains it better than i do.
- knowns that this first name might lead to confusion. It is pronounced as ‘Hi’, not like ‘Hey’ or ‘Hay’.
- Apart from being my name, “Hay” also means “two” in Vietnamese, “there is” in Spanish and “yes” in Japanese.